USA Grants Banner

Are there grants to help me buy a house?

asked 2016-05-23 19:57:49 -0700

Ernie55 gravatar image

updated 2016-07-04 11:22:52 -0700

Webmaster gravatar image

I am 55 years old. I have been disabled for years. I live in a public housing project. I would really love to buy my own house. Are there grants to help me buy a house?


edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-05-25 16:40:43 -0700

Corey gravatar image

Well, Ernie, your chances probably are not good. There are government and private programs that help people buy houses. But typically you need to have at least some money you can put down and enough income to pay for a low interest mortgage. However, don't give up before you look into it further. There may be some state or local programs in your area that could help you. I would recommend that you check out this article about grants to buy a house. In the section called "Housing Counseling" you can find out how to telephone an agency of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and get some free couseling and advice specific to your situation and where you live.

If you have a good story to tell and you're good at telling it, you might also try's a way to explain your situation and see if kind-hearted people will pitch in to help you achieve your goal. Take a look at You can also read about this and other crowdfunding platforms for personal needs here.

edit flag offensive delete link more