USA Grants Banner

Are there grants to repair or replace driveway?

asked 2019-01-10 09:52:12 -0700

6338Unioncity gravatar image

updated 2019-01-14 17:41:40 -0700

Trudi gravatar image

I live in a home purchased by my son. He moved in with me after I was diagnosed with breast cancer. It's hard to get loans when so many medical issues are involved. The driveway has tree roots lifting the concrete and around the house the concrete is slowly falling away. I was given an estimate of $16,000 to repair the entire driveway. Is there a grant available for me at age 63 to get this done that I can apply for? Are there grants to repair or replace driveway?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2019-01-15 17:14:05 -0700

Trudi gravatar image

answered Jan 8 '15

Linda gravatar image

Depending on where you live you might be able to get a grant or a guaranteed loan from the Department of Agriculture.Thes loans are provided low income owners when the repairs are considered necessary for health and/or safety reasons. Do a search for the Rural Repair and Rehabilitation Program. Also get in touch with the nearest HUD office for any referrals or advice they may be able to provide. And see if there is an office of NeighborWorks anywhere near you, they can sometimes offer low cost loans. And take a look at Grants for Seniors for an overview about grants and other resources for seniors




edit flag offensive delete link more