USA Grants Banner

How may I get help?

asked 2016-10-17 14:47:30 -0700

joker713 gravatar image

updated 2016-10-17 20:21:30 -0700

Ashley gravatar image

I am 61. I am a veteran and disabled. I have been unemployed more than two and a half years. My water is shut off and my power is about to be shut off. How may I get help?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-10-18 15:37:01 -0700

Ashley gravatar image

updated 2016-10-24 14:39:07 -0700

Webmaster gravatar image

Tough situation. 

Perhaps this possibility is too obvious but  ---  how about the VA? If you haven't checked out what they might offer lately you should take a look at this review of and how you might be able to use it.

Another website that we know to be excellent is  discussed in this review of They update it daily, navigatioin is pretty straightforward and they can identify resources right down to your local area.

Regarding your utilities, take a look at the discussion of utilities and bills in this article about Low Income Help.

Finally, I would do an internet search for a term like "help for Disabled vets."  You never know when you might find a nonprofit or other program near you that could be able to help you.

edit flag offensive delete link more