USA Grants Banner

Are there grants to have my driveway replaced?

asked 2017-11-01 15:17:38 -0700

updated 2017-11-06 21:38:42 -0700

Tim gravatar image

I am in Colorado Springs and am 100% disabled, military. I do not work. My driveway is in very bad shape. Can I get any help? Are there grants to have my driveway replaced?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2017-11-08 11:58:20 -0700

Tim gravatar image


Have you tried contacting the VA? It could be worth your while. Take a look at this review of for some tips about using the site. 

If you're located in a fiarly rural area you might qualify for a guaranteed loan or even a grant (up to $7500) for repairs from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. There are loans and grants to very low-income homeowners especially when there are health or safety issues involved. Sounds like your driveway could qualify so it's worth checking out. Click to get more info about the Rural Repair and Rehabilition program.

Your local office of the Housing and Urban Development department might also be able to help.  NeighborWorks is also an option that could help you get a very low cost loan.

edit flag offensive delete link more