USA Grants Banner

Is there a grant for a spouse as a caregiver?

asked 2016-09-14 19:15:56 -0700

Fuzzy55 gravatar image

updated 2016-09-19 21:53:21 -0700

Doris gravatar image

My husband is a veteran and has cancer and I am a certified nurse's aide and had to cut my hours to care for him.  He is 81 and I am 61 and can't retire until February. Has been under doctors care since 2014. Is there a grant for a spouse as a caregiver?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-09-24 15:19:08 -0700

Doris gravatar image

I don't know of grants but there are government programs that help pay a family member who is acting as a caregiver. Check out the Financial Aid for Family Caregivers section of this article about and guide to

edit flag offensive delete link more