USA Grants Banner

Any grants to pay off the principal of my mortgage?

asked 2018-10-25 12:28:57 -0700

noosfu gravatar image

updated 2018-10-29 17:16:39 -0700

Monty gravatar image

I went to the website to see if I could get a grant. Although I went there I could not see how to go about seeing if I could get some help refinancing or paying off my mortgage. I have had a closed head injury for thirty years. I was working but after several attempts, I realized that I could no longer work and had to take a medical retirement. That's not the real problem. In 2013, I was diagnosed with Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. This is a terminal illness with no cure, only a lung transplant would save me. I was given two (2) to five(5) years to live and my fifth year was February 2018. I'm still here. Doctor said it just hasn't "kicked in" yet. Waking is a challenge. Exercise is out. I cannot breathe when doing either. I could really use some help with the finances and paying off my home would get me the help that I need. However, because I am on Social Security Disability I cannot get the home refinanced to help with the $1200.00 payment. How do I get to where I need to get to, so I can try to get the help that I need? I have all the paperwork showing all that I am saying is happening. Is there even a chance for me to get the help that I desperately need? I thank you for your time, I hope your day goes smooth.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2018-10-30 13:38:56 -0700

Monty gravatar image

This is a tough one. Two things I would recommend you check out right away:

1. Do a search on "social services" in your city, state and county. That might give you a place to start finding help nearby. Also look at this article about Government Benefits. It will show you how to fill out an extensive questionnaire and then it will tell you all the government benefits you are eligible. You might find some you didn't know about.

edit flag offensive delete link more