USA Grants Banner

Is there a grant for new windows for the disabled?

asked 2019-12-10 10:50:13 -0700

debbiechico gravatar image

updated 2019-12-16 20:47:15 -0700

Timone gravatar image

My husband and I are on a fixed income and are disabled. Our windows are original since 1966. Is there a grant for new windows for the disabled?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2019-12-15 21:51:57 -0700

Maurice gravatar image

The Department of Housing of Housing and Urban Development does have some programs to asssist the elderly and disabled with needed home repairs. You should contact your local Public Housing Authority to get more information. You can also get a good overview of assistance that is available in Home Improvement Grants.


There are a number of organizations which provide assistance to people needing help for home repairs and improvement. The article Home Improvement Grants is an excellent resource to find out where you can turn for help. You should also call an Area Agency on Aging in your local area. They would be able to refer you to any local sources for help.

edit flag offensive delete link more