USA Grants Banner

I need help with moving expense.

asked 2016-09-15 20:32:45 -0700

MaryannF gravatar image

updated 2016-09-19 21:52:26 -0700

Webmaster gravatar image

My lease is up in 3 months and want to move to Vero Beach. I am recovering from near fatal MVA which left me with serious medical problems. I don't have any money to hire a moving co. Is there any help or loan available for hardship like mine. I am on S.S.D. and in need of moving expenses.

I am at the worst hardship ever in my life. I currently live in a old, falling apart 1 bedroom apt. for $1145. monthly and found a nice clean property in Vero Beach but I don't have any money to hire a moving co. My health & injuries from near fatal MVA on 9/5/2015 make it impossible to work any sort of job, unless I owned a computer. I need to move out within 3 months. I am stressing that I won't be able to move from this unsafe overpriced dump. Please contact me with any possibilities to get help moving.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-09-24 15:25:24 -0700

Charles gravatar image

We know of no such grants. There are instances when you can deduct such expenses on your taxes, so that could help some. But I believe the expense would be have to be due to a job requirement. You could check the website and see if you can find anything there.

If you are good at telling your story you also might try crowdfunding. There are a number of crowdfunding platforms now that let you share your situation and  others will often help to fund your needs. Check out some details and more information about a few of the most popular personal crowdfunding sites. You might find a young friend who could help you make the video, they can do it now with just a smart phone so it doesn't have to cost much of anything.

edit flag offensive delete link more