USA Grants Banner

Due to alcoholism I am about to loose my home / business due to delinquent taxes. Who can help me please?

asked 2018-08-10 05:52:17 -0700

CanIHaveATurn gravatar image

updated 2018-08-13 23:21:14 -0700

Doris gravatar image

I spent nearly 2 years in recovery for alcohol-induced medical issues. During that time, I did not, could not work. I have my own body shop, where I also live, and am currently trying to stay afloat.  I am $24,000 behind in my property taxes and now being told they will take my property.  Recovery has been extremely hard physically and mentally.  I'm told I will never be 100% again and SSI finds me not eligible.  Do to this I can not work as hard as I used to and being gone in recovery I basically lost my client following too.  At age 55 I have nothing but my building and if I loose it, I will have nothing.  Where can I go for help?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2018-08-14 10:54:59 -0700

Doris gravatar image

Tough one. I would start by taking a look at Help for Addiction. Also do a search in your local area for free legal services. They wll know how to help you keep your property if possible and work out a payment plan for your overdue taxes.

edit flag offensive delete link more